I bitched about my treadmill enough, that when it arrived the iFit feature wasn’t working.  (Among other things, the iFit allows you to map workouts, and not only get to see street view of routes through google maps, but the elevation changes automatically as well.)

Anyway, after lots and lots of emails between me and NordicTrack, where their customer service went from very responsive, to completely sucky, to very responsive again, they finally did send me a new console (which my sister forwarded to me DPO, as the company refused to do so).  It took weeks, but they came through! 

(I should note that they tried to not fix things by telling me that the warranty was voided the day it left the country, and that such thing is written on my manual, and I reminded them how it took 6 weeks for delivery, after they promised it would be delivered in 3 weeks.  I have a crapload of emails back and forth from March, where they assured me it would arrive in time for me to test it out, and it didn’t, as it arrived the same day as my movers, and never left the original box until it arrived in Manila.  So they made an “exception” and sent me a new console.)

The new console has been sitting in my workout room for a month now.  Last night, I finally asked Karl for some help and we decided to tackle the thing.

Let’s just say it looks a LOT easier than it was.  It took us 3 hours, between unscrewing everything, trying to remove the plastic wire connections that would not pull apart, then lining up all the holes with the screws but having enough large cables coming out that things would not align (and putting enough space so that my hand could fit in between and tuck everything back in, meant also enough space so that the 4 thick cables that were way too long for the small hole they were supposed to fit in, would also pop back out).  And since pretty much the whole top part of the treadmill was removed and pulled apart, then reassembled, we also had the fun time of lining up those holes so we could put the screw threw them (much harder than it looks when the holes would not match up!).

(I should note that there were no instructions of how to assemble it, just how to disassemble.  Luckily, we kept good track of all the screws, and it worked out.)

After all of that, it was with one BIG sigh of relief that the iFit module is now working!  It picked up my network right away, the screen didn’t freeze as it did before, and I was even able to login!

Now I just have to figure out how to use the damn thing.  It seems like it only gives me one workout at a time, no option to choose it from the treadmill only from the computer, and no option to run race courses around the world (which was the exciting part of it).  If anyone has iFit tips, send them my way!

1 Comment

Filed under Treadmill Run

One response to “iFit!

  1. It all sounds very exciting lol… I don’t have an iFit so I’m kinda jealous 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s